12.12.2012

Lux Tux Day 2!!!!!!


Day 2: THE SHIRT!!!

I know you thought I wasn’t gonna make it today huh?? Well YOU THOUGHT WRONG I’m back again to give you another day of Tuxedology. Let’s talk shirts I know I know you think well it’s just a white shirt. But, there are some things I beg you to consider. What type of collar do you want to wear?? Will it be a traditional wing collar, customary point collar, or cutaway collar? Will you shirt be solid in front, pleated, or will the entire shirt have a texture. Will you have orthodox French cuffs to show of those awesome cuff links you will be purchasing (more to come on that…) or will it be an everyday barrel sleeve. These are all things to consider when choosing the right kind of shirt for you look. I give you pictures……….

 
 
 



 
 
 

 
I would use the pleated bib front shirt with French cuffs or barrel if I was going to be in a more Traditional Tuxedo. No matter what be it bow tie or regular tie you can really make a statement with any of these shirts. But, you can also pair these shirts with that wonderful velvet jacket you bought ……. You know that awesome double breasted one that fits like a glove. Yeah yeah now you remember. That one is the one you put with a traditional shirt just to give it a little power…………

 

Now if you were looking to be a little more laid-back. I would suggest going with no tie and this wonderful shirt with black piping. It gives you the detail without the chocking feeling some of you gentlemen get when you are in a tie. LOL!! I would pair this with a nice velvet jacket of any color and black tuxedo pants (more to come on that as well…) J It lets you be the free rebel at the party………

 

Lastly I am really excited because this shirt below is guys pick. (Points at his self in utter satisfaction…LOL!!!) I love the black pleated bib tux shirt. It is so nifty. LOL!! I had to use that word I just couldn’t help it. J No for real though it is one of my favorite shirts. I own one made by Ralph Lauren and I wear it with a regular tie, bow tie, or without a tie and it look REALLY GOOD!! This shirt with any tux will work just get one already OK!!!

First Jackets now Shirts what else can we go over trust me we are not even halfway done!! But trust me when we are through. You will never have to wonder what to wear to your next formal party. Speaking of parties I have to get ready for mine who wants to iron for me??? No no takers OH WELL!! UNT (Until Next Time)!!!! LLIS!!! (Live Life In Style)

No comments:

Post a Comment